Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Revelation 10, John ate the little scroll

Revelation 10 describes an angel like the illustration above. I personally liked the child safe version, but this one was more accurate ("child safe" right, below)

The verbal description is as follows:
  • another angel came down from heaven, robed in a clowd with a rainbow over his head
  • his face was like the sun and his legs like fiery pillars
  • he was holding a little scroll open in his hand
  • his right foot was on the sea and the left on land
  • he gave a shout like the roar of a lion
  • as he shouted, the 7 thunders spoke, but a voice from heaven told me (John) not to record what was said.
  • And the angel spoke:
v 6-7 “There will be no more delay! But in the days when the seventh angel is about to sound his trumpet, the mystery of God will be accomplished, just as he announced to his servants the prophets.” 
  • Then the voice of heaven told me to take the scroll from the angel's hand.
  • and here's the weirdest part:
v9-11 So I went to the angel and asked him to give me the little scroll. He said to me, “Take it and eat it. It will turn your stomach sour, but ‘in your mouth it will be as sweet as honey.’ I took the little scroll from the angel’s hand and ate it. It tasted as sweet as honey in my mouth, but when I had eaten it, my stomach turned sour. Then I was told, “You must prophesy again about many peoples, nations, languages and kings.” 
images from:

No comments:

Post a Comment