Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Do bones live?



To be honest, today I just flipped open the Bible and decided to write about what I opened to. I landed in Ezekiel Chapter 17.

Ezekiel 17:1-3
The hand of the Lord came upon me and brought me out in the Spirit of the Lord, and set me down in the midst of the valley; and it was full of bones. Then he caused me to pass by them all around, and behold, there were very many in the open valley; and indeed they were very dry. And He said to me, "Son of man, can these bones live?" So I answered, "Oh Lord God, You know."


Further on, the verses lead up to God bringing the bones to life through Ezekiel. Without faith, nothing happens, unless God is specifically trying to prove a point. Today, God doesn't prove himself because Jesus did that for him, and our free will allows us to make mistakes and sometimes not get the punishment we truly deserve.

As I am at Penn State for the next 2 days, these verses touched my heart:

II Corinthians 9:8,10,11
And God is able to make all grace abound toward you, that you, always having all sufficiency in all things, may have an abundance for every good work.
Now may He who supplies seed to the sower, and bread for food, supply and multiply the seed you have sown and increase the fruits of your righteousness, While you are enriched in everything for all liberality, which causes thanksgiving through us to God.

II Corinthians 10:1,3
Now I, Paul, myself am pleading with you by the meekness and gentleness of Christ- who in presence am lowly among you, but being absent am bold toward you. For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh.

II Corinthians 10:12 For we dare not class ourselves or compare ourselves with those who commend themselves. But they, measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise.

No comments:

Post a Comment