Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Does God Speak?


Since the coming of Christ, we are not aware that God speaks verbally to man. Believers in Christ however, ARE given the Holy Spirit.

New Testament-post Christ
1 Corinthians 2:14
The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God but considers them foolishness, and cannot understand them because they are discerned only through the Spirit.


Old Testament
Deuteronomy 5:24
And you said, “The LORD our God has shown us his glory and his majesty, and we have heard his voice from the fire. Today we have seen that a person can live even if God speaks with them."

Genesis 28:13-15
There above it stood the LORD, and he said: “I am the LORD, the God of your father Abraham and the God of Isaac. I will give you and your descendants the land on which you are lying. Your descendants will be like the dust of the earth, and you will spread out to the west and to the east, to the north and to the south. All peoples on earth will be blessed through you and your offspring. I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go, and I will bring you back to this land. I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you.”

Psalm 67:1-2
May God be gracious to us and bless us and make his face shine on us so that your ways may be known on earth, your salvation among all nations.

Numbers 11:16-17
The LORD said to Moses: “Bring me seventy of Israel’s elders who are known to you as leaders and officials among the people. Have them come to the tent of meeting, that they may stand there with you. 17 I will come down and speak with you there, and I will take some of the power of the Spirit that is on you and put it on them. They will share the burden of the people with you so that you will not have to carry it alone.

Image: courtesy of Joe Warnstrom

No comments:

Post a Comment