Total Pageviews

Friday, March 25, 2011

Epic fail, why we shouldn't get discouraged

Today was one of those sucky days when you realize the world is pounding down on you and all you can do is take it. I would go into detail, but venting would distract from the point. The point is, we all have those days. I don't even want to have a discussion with my parents about how I'm not responding to the mushroom internship that I should be interviewing for, or the State of Agriculture job that I have an "in" on. What no one sees, is how much anxiety and pressure the world puts on me and how it makes me want to split in two. Can't I for once do something for me? Without being judged that I could be getting more out of my summer? Losing an opportunity?
Better yet, let me do something for God. Let me walk in His ways, see Him for who He truly is before I lose sight of the grace He provides and the comfort He gives.
Psalm 94:16-23
 16 Who will rise up for me against the wicked?
   Who will take a stand for me against evildoers?
17 Unless the LORD had given me help,
   I would soon have dwelt in the silence of death.
18 When I said, “My foot is slipping,”
   your unfailing love, LORD, supported me.
19 When anxiety was great within me,
   your consolation brought me joy.
 20 Can a corrupt throne be allied with you—
   a throne that brings on misery by its decrees?
21 The wicked band together against the righteous
   and condemn the innocent to death.
22 But the LORD has become my fortress,
   and my God the rock in whom I take refuge.
23 He will repay them for their sins
   and destroy them for their wickedness;
   the LORD our God will destroy them.

No comments:

Post a Comment