Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Mighty to Save & 4 Spiritual Laws

Today I've decided to write about MIGHT.

Check out this video: Mighty to Save by Hillsong
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iB-yX5p0p4I

The Holy Spirit today gives Christians the strength to be hopeful in Christ and not fall into temptation. So what is temptation? Temptation is enticement or allurement to do something that may bring harm on yourself or others. You can be tempted by cheetos that negatively affect your health, can be tempted by pleasures that may become a distraction from a purposeful life, and other temptations that have no negative consequences but no good ones either. Temptations in the Old testament are defined by the ten commandments, and in the new testament- after Christ- the beatitudes. If we are strong in God's might through the Holy Spirit that we accept through belief in Christ's sinless existence on Earth and resurrection for us, many temptations become lost to us. But in order to live with the Might of Jesus, we must observe and live by the

Four Spiritual laws:
http://4laws.com/laws/english/flash/

Job 36:5
"God is mighty, but despises no one; he is mighty, and firm in his purpose.

Job 36:19
Would your wealth or even all your mighty efforts sustain you so you would not be in distress?

Psalm 42:4
These things I remember as I pour out my soul: how I used to go to the house of God under the protection of the Mighty One with shouts of joy and praise among the festive throng.

Psalm 59:9-13

You are my strength, I watch for you; you, God, are my fortress, my God on whom I can rely.
God will go before me and will let me gloat over those who slander me.
But do not kill them, Lord our shield, or my people will forget.
In your might uproot them and bring them down.
For the sins of their mouths, for the words of their lips, let them be caught in their pride.
For the curses and lies they utter, consume them in your wrath, consume them till they are no more.
Then it will be known to the ends of the earth that God rules over Jacob.

4 comments:

  1. OMG YOU LINKED TO ME!!!!!! YAY! *HUG*

    So when are we celebrating your summer to come? God, I'm going to miss you so much. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you think that Psalm 59:9-10a is the source of the acronym: FROG (Fully Rely on God)?
    Psalm 59:9-10a
    You are my strength, I watch for you; you, God, are my fortress, my God on whom I can rely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mekkie, I replied but I don't know why it didn't post. Will Wed work for you? After I get out of work? I'm going home Thursday, so I can only hang out Wed night.

    ReplyDelete