Total Pageviews

Saturday, September 10, 2011

What do you hold on to?

After a moment of self reflection and a moment of reflecting on other's lives, I ask what do you hold on to?
Some very simple concepts are trickery to the brain. We don't cling to what is logical, we cling to something that is just there. For example...
We cling as easily to failure as we do to insecurities, falsehoods, etc. Anything that is most irrational we find comfort in blaming.
Yet I wonder... how many people look in the mirror and see the person God sees in each one of us? How many of us settle instead because we find the flaws in ourselves unworthy of anything more?
And how many of us can see genuine love and aren't blinded by the call of the world?

I can't say I think about this frequently, because God has opened my heart to be a little less self conscious, a little more accepting, and much more understanding in the last few years. I sometimes feel guilt for not feeling like I'm meeting expectations made by God and made by myself. When will we show face for Christ Jesus and except the beauty he has bestowed upon us to be a reflection of His greatest glory? Jesus doesn't expect perfection. He wants us to accept his compassion, love, and desire to bring happiness and hope to the world.

A few verses I would like to remember:
How long will you men turn my glory into shame? How long will you love delusions and seek false gods ?
Psalm 4:2

Even to your old age and gray hairs I am he, I am he who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you.
Isaiah 46:4 TNIV

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.
1 Corinthians 13:3-5

No comments:

Post a Comment