Total Pageviews

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Have we become arrogant?

Its funny, thinking about how people learn, many of us procrastinate. Others are diligent and get the job done in a timely manner, while others seemingly cheat at life. But one thing is certain, we often learn through punishment. The question is, when we become adults and life isn't going our way (or maybe it is) do we become hard to learning and prefer to settle with comfort and ignore what we are being taught? Are we overlooking life lessons?
I stayed up last night doing homework, saw the clock this morning, and rolled over convinced I couldn't get ready for church that quickly. I am stubborn, and have to learn the lesson over and over again... what am I without God? I'm powerless, I'm ugly, and I have no motivation. If you are Godless, is this how you feel?

Its been a while since I've opened up the Bible on my own to learn something new. To attempt to finish the New Testament. This is what I have learned... Paul, God's most devout athiest up until God showed himself to Paul, is warning the Corinthians that of all the guardians who surround us in Christ, not all of them are worthy of imitation. Some non-Christians are turned away for this very reason from God. We can't as a body in Christ let ourselves become arrogant. Paul talked of coming to visit in saying:

1 Corinthians 4:19-21
"But I will come to you very soon, if the Lord is willing, and then I will find out not only how these arrogant people are talking, but what power they have. For the kingdom of God is not a matter of talk but of power. What do you prefer? Shall I come to you with a whip, or in love with a gentle spirit?"

I look like I am doing something important... writing this blog... but this is my way of analyzing my heart, and it is not "good." For the sake of my own desires to succeed, I have left God in the dust when he's the only one that can get me through it. I'm curious... where are you with or without God? And how much pain and struggle do you fight to grasp power? I'm also asking myself this question... For me, I am avoiding servitude. The longer I wait to join back with my loving Christ, the more I feel alone. Why do I feel alone? Because I'm separating myself from God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment