Total Pageviews

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Love


Passion comes from love, not love from passion. Often times love is construed to be what its not. In order to live and love to the fullest, we must follow God's teaching first.

Proverbs 3:3-4
Let love and faithfulness never leave you; bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart. Then you will win favor and a good name in the sight of God and man.


Even in my relationship with my boyfriend, I failed to see the sin in pursuing a physical relationship that did not become sexual. My mind was changed when I read this verse:

1 Corinthians 6:19
Do you know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body.


If you pursue Christ before your boyfriend/girlfriend, He will bless you as an heir to His kingdom:

Romans 8:12-17
Therefore brothers (fellow Christians), we have an obligation - but it is not to the sinful nature, to live according to it. For if you live according to the sinful nature, you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the misdeeds of the body, you will live, because those who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God. For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship. And by him we cry, Abba, Father. The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God's children. Now if we are children, then we are heirs - heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory.


Therefore, consider Galatians 1:10 that asks if you are trying to win the approval of men or of God. If you were trying to please men, you would not be a servant of Christ. I have struggled with this in many ways this last year. For the first time this week, I have been able to see Christ for who he really is and have found my servitude to follow Him first. I do not have to be submissive to my boyfriend or him to me. We do not belong to each other as we belong to Christ. As a final note today, I would like to note that I have no regrets in making a list of guidelines/rules in my current relationship.

1 comment:

  1. This song has touched my heart:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSGAnIIyaqw&feature=related

    ReplyDelete